Best way to graph and chart?

I am trying to get all in on Livewire/Alpine so am trying my hardest to keep Vue out of my project. So far so good!..

My app uses graphs quite a bit and I am trying to figure out the best way to get some interactive graphs working without having to resort back to Vue.

I think I am right in thinking we can build non-interactive graphs quite easily using standard JS libraries.

I am specifically looking to have a graph with options that I can change and ideally be able to update the graph without any kind of reload. With a vue graph, this means that the data lines morph to reflect the new inputs after an update.

Have you already sorted this out?

I’m using Laravel Charts with Charts.js. So far I can display a chart but after updating the chart doesn’t update (loading animation).

public function render()
{
    $chart_data = $this->getChartData();

$chart = new MyChart();
    $chart->labels($chart_data->pluck('label'));
    $chart->dataset('Total', 'bar', $chart_data->pluck('total'))->backgroundColor('blue');
    $chart->dataset('Answered', 'bar', $chart_data->pluck('answered'))->backgroundColor('green');
    $chart->dataset('NotAnswered', 'bar', $chart_data->pluck('not_answered'))->backgroundColor('grey');
    $chart->dataset('Negative feedback', 'bar', $chart_data->pluck('negative_feedback'))->backgroundColor('red');

return view('livewire.answeres',
        [
            'chart' => $chart
        ]);
}

I found this workaround but can’t get it up and working. https://github.com/livewire/livewire/issues/774