Livewire sortable making component lag

I created a todo task list, and when I add the livewire sortable it seems to make everything extra laggy.

This is how it looks before I add sortable and everything works smoothly without issues.
Parent

<ul  class="flex flex-col space-y-2 focus:outline-none">
  <h3 class="text-xl font-semibold">To Do Tasks</h3>

@foreach ($cardtasks as $cardtask )
    <li class="cursor-pointer ">
       @livewire('kanbans.show-cardtasks', ['cardtask'=>$cardtask], key('modal-task-'.$cardtask->id))
    </li>
  @endforeach
</ul>

Child Component

<div class="space-x-3 items-center">
  @if ($cardtask->status === 0)
      <input type="checkbox" wire:click="taskComplete({{ $cardtask->id }})" class="focus:outline-none focus:ring-0 h-6 w-6 text-green-400 rounded-md border-blue-500 border-2">
      <span class=" text-gray-700 text-base">{{$cardtask->title}}</span>
  @else
      <input type="checkbox" wire:click="taskIncomplete({{ $cardtask->id }})" class="focus:outline-none focus:ring-0 h-6 w-6 text-green-400 rounded-md border-blue-500 border-2" checked>
      <span class=" text-gray-400  line-through text-base italic">{{$cardtask->title}}</span>
  @endif
</div>

Video of the app working

When I try and add the sortable feature. It becomes super glitchy

<ul wire:sortable="updateCardTaskOrder" 
     class="flex flex-col space-y-2 focus:outline-none">
   <h3 class="text-xl font-semibold">To Do Tasks</h3>

@foreach ($cardtasks as $cardtask )
     <li wire:sortable.item="{{ $cardtask->id }}" wire:key="cardtask-sort-{{ $cardtask->id }}" class="cursor-pointer ">
         @livewire('kanbans.show-cardtasks', ['cardtask'=>$cardtask], key('modal-task-'.$cardtask->id))
     </li>
   @endforeach
</ul>
public function updateCardTaskOrder($cardtasks)
    {
        foreach($cardtasks as $cardtask) {
            Cardtask::find($cardtask['value'])->update(['order' => $cardtask['order']]);
        }

$this->cardtasks = Cardtask::where('card_id', $this->card_id)
            ->orderBy('order', 'ASC')
            ->get();
    }

In this video, you can see me having to click multiple times before it updates the status. Any advice on how to fix this is much appreciated :slight_smile:

The fix for this was just to add a wire:sortable.handle instead of making the whole component dragable.