Missing fingerprint when running tests (v2.0)

I’m having trouble attempting to test a component. The test (excerpt)

Livewire::test(StudentEvaluationList::class, ['student' => $student])
            ->set('term', 'spring')
            ->call('create');

errors out on the ->set() line with Undefined index: fingerprint . I followed it through (thank you, xDebug) to TestableLivewire.php #161

public function pretendWereSendingAComponentUpdateRequest($message, $payload)
    {
        return $this->callEndpoint('POST', '/livewire/message/'.$this->componentName, [
            'fingerprint' => $this->payload['fingerprint'],
            'serverMemo' => $this->payload['serverMemo'],
            'updates' => [['type' => $message, 'payload' => $payload]],
        ]);
    }

The $payload passed is just my state change ['name' => 'term', 'value' => 'spring'] , but it seems to expect a fingerprint and serverMemo keys as well. I didn’t see anything in the docs about those, so do I need to be adding those myself? Did I miss a setup step?

I’m having the same issue and this problem is not very Googleable. Did you ever sort this out?

I ended up changing the structure of the component and breaking it into a few smaller pieces. That resolved the error, but I still never really understood why it was happening in the first place.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

I got this error when I had forgotten to set a public property on the component that would normally have been resolved through a route model binding.

Adding the property to the params array of the Livewire::test method solved it.