One wire:click event removes icon in different div

Good evening!

I would like to ask a question in terms of strange behaviour: when a wire:click action is triggered, another div on the same hierarchical layer seems to be removed/changed.

What seems to be the problem:

When a wire:click event is fired and the DOM of a element is replaced, the DOM of another element in a div below is somehow mixed up.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Take the following code (blade view):

<div> <div> @if(App\User::find(1)->hasLiked(App\Question::find($question->id))) <button uk-icon="icon: check" wire:click="toogleLikeForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> @else <button uk-icon="icon: heart" wire:click="toogleLikeForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> @endif </div> <div> @if(App\User::find(1)->hasBookmarked(App\Question::find($question->id))) <button uk-icon="icon: bookmark" wire:click="toogleBookmarkForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> @else <button uk-icon="icon: plus" wire:click="toogleBookmarkForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> @endif </div> </div>

In the Livewire component, I have the following methods

public function toogleLikeForUser($questionId)
{
	$user = \App\User::find(1);
	$question = \App\Question::find($questionId);

$user->toggleLike($question);
}

public function toogleBookmarkForUser($questionId)
{
	$user = \App\User::find(1);
	$question = \App\Question::find($questionId);

$user->toggleBookmark($question);
}

Now when you click the button and toogle the icon to change, the other icon vanishes.

Are you using the latest version of Livewire:

Yes

Do you have any screenshots or code examples:

I am using Uikit (https://getuikit.com/docs/icon) for testing purposes.

Not sure if this is a bug of livewire, Uikit or me not knowing something :slight_smile:

Thanks
Andreas

To start, most people will take one look at unformatted code and move on to the next post. It’s next to impossible to read when it’s one continuous line like that.

<div>
    <div> 
        @if(App\User::find(1)->hasLiked(App\Question::find($question->id))) 
            <button uk-icon="icon: check" wire:click="toogleLikeForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> 
        @else 
            <button uk-icon="icon: heart" wire:click="toogleLikeForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> 
        @endif
    </div>
    <div> 
        @if(App\User::find(1)->hasBookmarked(App\Question::find($question->id))) 
            <button uk-icon="icon: bookmark" wire:click="toogleBookmarkForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> 
        @else 
            <button uk-icon="icon: plus" wire:click="toogleBookmarkForUser({{ $question->id }})"></button> 
        @endif 
    </div>
</div>

First thing to fix is put quotes in your method calls. Change them from
toogleLikeForUser({{ $question->id }})
to
toogleLikeForUser('{{ $question->id }}')

Hi xxdalexx

thanks for your reply. I tried to formatt it as code but somehow I was too dumb for it to work, thank you for pointing that out.

I fixed the ’ but the behaviour is still the same.

Is the problem clear from what I am writing?

Thanks
Andreas

I understand the problem, but based on the code you have posted, I don’t see any other issues. Maybe if you post the entire component and it’s view code, there might be something else causing it.

@andreas, I’m having the same issue with UIKit. I think there are some issues with their JS and Livewire’s JS. I’m using Font Awesome 5 rather than UIKit icons and it seems to have solve the problem :slight_smile:

Thank you @Jean-Da-Rocha, I was planning to use a different framework anyway, will report the bug :slight_smile: