Should I be getting vue warnings...?

What seems to be the problem: I’m using livewire and have tried to remove all remnants of vue

Steps to Reproduce: basic laravel install with ui --auth, tailwind css preset, livewire, alpinejs

Are you using the latest version of Livewire: pretty sure

Do you have any screenshots or code examples: i have a form and on the submit button I use alpinejs @click="errorMessage = ''" to clear stripe.com errors. This seems to be giving the following “warning” in the console: "[Vue warn]: Property or method “errorMessage” is not defined on the instance but referenced during render. Make sure that this property is reactive, either in the data option, or for class-based components, by initializing the property. See: https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/reactivity.html#Declaring-Reactive-Properties."

I’ve removed vue and vue-template-compiler from packages.json and removed references to vue in app.js, but when I build (npm install && npm run dev) it detects that vue-template-compiler is required and adds it back.

I can’t figure out what depends on it. Might be a laravel mix issue…? Do I even need to build js if I’m using alpinejs the way @calebporzio recommends (CDN)…?

I’m not a hard-core front-ender, which is just one reason why livewire/alpinejs appeal to me, so any help is appreciated.

Thx.