Using NPM dependencies with Livewire?

So this is more of a question really rather than help, but wasn’t sure what category fit the question better. So I come from a very SPA/API based development flow, and had never even touched SSR until recently when I picked up Laravel. However, even with Laravel, most of my development has been using SPA setups or things like InertiaJS. These all have a “build” step and I’m curious as to how you would get similar functionality with Livewire since I’ve commonly heard the argument for Livewire being “0ms build time since there is nothing to build.”

Like say I already had parts of an app built using pure SSR, livewire components, etc… but then decided I wanted to add say Select2, vue-select (perhaps with alpine integration or something), dropzone, etc… Basically how would my flow change if I needed one of these typical NPM dependencies. Would I simply just have to add a build step with Mix or something similar? Or is there another way?

Apologies if this is a fairly stupid question, trying to get my head around an entirely new pattern I’ve never touched before so it’s a little confusing! :sweat_smile:

I’m currently in the process of refactoring a rather complex app to using Livewire. I’m still using a ton of Vue components parallel to Livewire. For those components (incl. vue-select, redactor, and a ton more) I still have a regular build setup with Laravel Mix. For Livewire I’m just using @livewireScripts. I’m curious though if I could integrate the Livewire script in my regular build.